A-SPEC Surveys in Melbourne
Stacey Surveying has qualified A-SPEC consultants who can capture information and achieve deliverables with different types of infrastructures. We have the skills and state-of-the-art software required to produce incredibly detailed A-SPEC surveys in Melbourne that fulfils all requirements.
What is A-SPEC?
A-SPEC is a collection of data specifications that’s designed to provide machine readable data regarding different types of infrastructure assets. It comprises of generic information relating to all types of data specifications and is used as an accompanying document that includes all the specifications. A-SPEC will capture the correct data and ensure it will be in the correct format, making the procedures regarding capturing, authenticating and utilising infrastructure information far simpler and more efficient.
Types of Infrastructure That A-SPEC Surveying Addresses
- B-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data pertaining to building assets.
- D-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data for various types of drainage assets, including pipes, property connections, pits and WSUDs (Water Sensitive Urban Design elements).
- O-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data relating to public open spaces and recreational assets.
- R-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data relating to road reserve land that authorities will construct roads on.
- S-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data pertaining to sewerage and wastewater infrastructure.
- T-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data regarding both telecommunications and optical fibre assets.
- W-SPEC defines the specifications for the transfer of digital data relating to both potable and recycled water supply infrastructure.
The Benefits of A-SPEC Surveying
Anyone involved with getting any type of infrastructure asset authorised, designed, built or maintained will benefit from speaking with qualified A-SPEC consultants. This provides the foundation needed to implement a coherent and efficient method of being provided with the ‘as-constructed’ digital data needed to take a project to the next stage.
Some of the benefits of A-SPEC engineering and surveying include:
- Improves the quality and accuracy of data stored in council systems used to carry out business and operational obligations as well as financial and auditing obligations.
- A-SPEC is regulated by stipulated governance provisions and change management practices.
- The interests of all consortium members is factored in during the specification growth process.
- Clients will find it easier to make decisions regarding their assets due to the simplification of collection, receiving and storing asset data.
- Stops duplication of effort from occurring during the digitisation of ‘as-constructed’ data.
- Enhances how efficient all relevant processes are regarding accepting and processing lodgements and with comparing existing data with design criteria or design plans.
- Both internal and external customers receive a higher level of customer service.
- Makes it more efficient to retrieve data when liaising with developers, consultants and future residents with their enquiries, and therefore improves customer satisfaction.
- Improves the management of assets, which will minimise any ongoing maintenance costs and decrease the amount of any capital works required.
Contact Us Today
Stacey Surveying produces comprehensive A-SPEC surveys Melbourne wide. Feel free to get in touch with our A-SPEC consultants today by either giving us a call on (03) 9088 3695 or submitting an online enquiry regarding your A-SPEC engineering and surveying requirements.